Hours: 32-40 hours per week on average—Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5:30 pm. Occasionally, the role may require a flexible schedule with later start or end times, or weekend shifts.
Location: In office at Northern Clay Center, with the possibility of some remote working after 6 months of service
The Digital Content, Communications, and Registration Specialist is an hourly, non-exempt (eligible for overtime when appropriate) position. We take COVID safety very seriously, our protocols can be found online here: https://northernclaycenter.org/about/covid-protocols/.
The starting wage is $15.00 an hour and includes the following benefits: paid vacation time equivalent to 76.8–80 hours per 12-months (based on hours worked); earn-as-you-work paid safe & sick time; health insurance via Medica (50% of premium paid by NCC); free and discounted classes at NCC; and a contribution equal to 3% of your earnings to a 403(b) retirement plan.
Northern Clay Center is an equal opportunity employer.
About This Role and Working at NCC
Under the purview of the Marketing and Technology Manager, this role implements and supports NCC’s digital marketing strategies, including through our social media, bulk emails, website, third-party event and opportunity sites, and fundraising efforts. Additionally, this role supports the education and outreach programs by preparing class registration and orientation documents, processing and maintaining registrations and class listings, and assisting with in-person student check in and orientation.
Much of this role is routine week-to-week, though there are several events each year that require forward planning in order to meet deadlines. As NCC is a relatively small nonprofit organization, many staff members work across programs and often assist other team members in accomplishing their work. NCC is deeply committed to creating and sustaining a welcoming, safe, and antiracist community for all who enter our building. Our staff are actively engaged in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility training and strive to continue this learning and conversation to examine and improve both our programs and practices.
We are looking for applicants who have:
- Interest, experience, and knowledge of creating content for, and monitoring social media accounts with the aim of generating sales and followers
- Experience with using software to edit videos and product photos, and to create marketing materials
- NCC uses Apple computers and Google Workspace (i.e. Gmail, Drive, and Google Calendar). This role also uses Adobe and Microsoft Office products including Photoshop, InDesign, Word, and Excel. A solid working knowledge of each of these is preferred, training will be provided to fill in knowledge gaps.
- A keen eye for written and visual styles, and who can reproduce these via text, photography, and design
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of people and build positive relationships
- Comfort troubleshooting, problem solving, and asking for help when stuck
- Well-developed skills in working to regular deadlines and the ability to plan ahead to meet longer term deadlines
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, with an anticipated close date of Sunday, May 1, 2022.
Please send the following materials, as a single PDF, to Amanda Dobbratz, Marketing and Technology Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by mail to 2424 Franklin Avenue East, Minneapolis, MN 55406:
- Cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in the position
- Resume (4-page max)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
If you are selected for an interview, you will be sent a list of the questions that will be asked in advance. During the interview, you will meet with several members of staff, and will have the opportunity to ask questions about NCC and the role. You will also be asked to take example photos of ceramic pieces and write captions using NCC’s Instagram account as a model.
View the full description and application instructions below